FAQs – Schools
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Will's qualifications to teach these courses?
- He’s a elementary school teacher with a Bachelor of Arts (with a major in Geography and minor in English Literature) and a Bachelor of Education with a speciality in elementary-school education from the University of British Columbia. Will was also recognized as part of UBC Education’s Top 100 Alumni in 2005.
- Will is a JUNO-, WCMA- and CMFA-nominated musician who has been writing bilingual music for children 15+ years. For more about Will’s musical career, visit www.willsjams.com.
- Will has performed more than 2,000 shows for young audiences across Canada and China in theatres, festivals and schools.
- Will is part of BC’s ArtStarts roster and Ontario’s Prologue to the Performing Arts roster and actively tours in schools across Canada. He is also an Artist Collaborator with Vancouver Biennale’s Big Ideas in Education program.
- Will frequently leads songwriting workshops for elementary-aged students in both English and French and is repeatedly booked by schools, school districts and CPF (Canadian Parents for French) chapters across Canada.
- Will has led many workshops for teachers on the effectiveness of using music for easy language acquisition.
Are there curriculum connections?
Language Arts (French):
- Exploring and Reflecting
- Creating and Communicating
- Phonemic Awareness
- Communication strategies
- Language elements
- Text organization in relation to song and songwriting
Language Arts (English):
- Comprehend and connect (listening, viewing, reading)
- Create and communicate (speaking, representing, writing)
- Features of oral languages
- Word patterns and word families
- Oral language strategies
- Visual arts
- Processes, materials, movements, tools, technologies and techniques to support arts activities
- Experience, document and share creative works
- Purposeful play
- Identify and appreciate their personal attributes, skills, interests and accomplishments
- Share ideas, information, personal feelings and knowledge
- Set and achieve realistic learning goals
- Risk taking and its role in self exploration
Physical and Health Education:
- Healthy and active living
- Physical literacy
- Movement concepts and strategies
- Rhythmic activities
- Questioning and predicting
- Processing and analyzing information
- Evaluating, applying and innovating
- Relationships between people and the environment
- Rights and responsibilities of individuals
- Ask questions, make inferences and draw conclusions
- Recognize the causes and consequences of events, decisions or developments
How does a school subscription work?
When your purchase has been completed, we will email you a coupon code to allow teachers at your school to sign up with their own email and password. There is a limit of 20 teachers per school.
How do I upgrade my teacher account to a school account?
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sort this out for you.
How do I cancel my subscription?
At the top of the menu bar, go to My Account – Login – My subscriptions – and then Cancel your subscription. You will still have full access to your account for the rest of the year but will not be charged again.